The bottom half of an old barn Dutch type door became the perfect backdrop for a Potting Shed sign stenciled with a new garden stencil from Funky Junk Interiors' Old Sign Stencils.
My 24" sign was stenciled on a great piece of barn wood with Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain. I sprayed the sign with a Krylon Matte sealer to protect it from the elements.
Below is the the stencil I used for my barn wood sign:
* All stencils are made out of a heavy weight 10mil, making them super durable long term.
* Each has center point registration cuts, making positioning a breeze!
* A super dry brush is key to sharp lines! Load your brush, then tap most of the paint off again onto a rag. Apply paint by tapping up and down for best results.
* Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils can be purchased at:
or currently through Fusion Mineral Paint merchants at:
Fusion Mineral Paint info
* Fusion Mineral Paint has a built in primer and top coat. No wax nor primer generally required! (check with a Fusion rep for specific prep suggestions for your particular piece)
* Fusion is self levelling, which greatly minimizes brush strokes. Use a quality brush or sprayer for best results.
* Great for indoors or out.
* Fusion is sold via merchants. Find one in your area at:http://fusionmineralpaint.com/where-to-buy/
I also added a re-purposed wooden gun rack from the thrift shop to my barn door backdrop, also painted with Fusion Mineral Paint in Champlain (a great white). I love displaying vintage garden tools, and the gun rack works well for my shorter handled tools.
I centered a galvanized farm watering trough in front of barn door, freshly planted with dark red geraniums, White Knight alyssum and Laguna Beach lobelia.
Since there were just so many stenciling possibilities and designs with the new garden stencils from Old Sign Stencils, I used the design on the lower right of the graphic above on an old wooden crate.
The lettering is stenciled with Fusion Mineral Paint in Coal Black, the flower petals are in Champlain and the leaves are in Upper Canada. To protect my design and deepen the wood tone and wood grain, I brushed on Fusion Mineral Paint water based Tough Coat Sealer.
The old crate makes a great display piece attached to a garage sale wood pedestal base with screws. Just in case of strong wind I have it close to the house, even though it's quite stable. The galvanized bucket inside the crate is planted with calibrachoa, verbena and bidens.
Here is your opportunity to win Funky Junk Interiors Old Sign Garden Stencils and Fusion Mineral Paint! Just leave a comment below telling me what you would like to stencil for your garden! (Winner will be picked from a random draw)
This giveaway is open to residents of Canada and the United States, 18 years or older. Void where prohibited. Each blog will draw one name from their comments, which will be pooled together to pick one ultimate winner. This giveaway ends Sunday, June 5th, midnight Pacific, and winner will be emailed and announced on this post Tuesday, June 7th. Good luck and happy stenciling!
Please be sure to visit all of the bloggers joining the garden launch stencil blog hop today for even more ideas!
Thanks for visiting and happy stenciling!