I thought the shape was perfect, and I finally bought it this week.
The top knob came off completely with a screwdriver, but I was a little disappointed that when the side knobs came off, I was left with two metal bars on each side that didn't come off. Now what?
I thought since I had already had $4 into it that I may as well try painting it. I spray painted the top and bottom with the side knobs with an orange shade of Rustoleum spray paint. I painted the knob with green spray paint.
I put the top knob back on and lined up the knob with the holes in the lid to thread a few strands of raffia through.
Now I was ready to tie a few leaves on top with the raffia.
I have been cutting leaves off of this spray of fall faux leaves for a lot of my projects. I think they have a pumpkin leaf shape. I cut off four leaves, two smaller and two larger and tied them on with the raffia. I then cut the raffia ends off so they were about 5-6 inches long.
I also like it on my kitchen table. I'm not sure where it will end up.
I bet the next time you see a bun warmer at a thrift shop you will think PUMPKIN!
Follow ORGANIZED CLUTTER by Email.