I used some of this junk. These junk parts were originally part of a knife sharpening tool my Grandpa had rigged up in his garage year's ago. I blogged about this acquisition here.
I picked it up this morning from under a tree in a flower bed and cleaned it off, and set it up on one of my potting benches.
As luck would have it, I had three clearance packages of rusty angel wings on hand. (I'm sure I bought them for a junk re-purposed angel) but today I needed rusty triangle eyes for a pumpkin, and this stuff cut with an old scissors. So I made a pattern with two triangles for eyes, a smaller one for a nose and a toothy grin. I am terrible about tutorials, but I am sure you could make the standard pattern for a Jack o'Lantern features. My projects never go step by step. There is the idea, trial, error, trial, error, trial, error and success. Usually, success. Not that easy to tutorial-ize.
So I glued my rusty pumpkin features on with a little E6000.
I also tied a few pumpkin leaves on the handle with raffia.
I think it's pretty cute from the front. I used the rusty pulleys for mini pumpkin holders.
The diamond frost on the bottom shelf spent the summer on top of my garden step ladder. You can see that here. We had frost last night here so it's days are numbered. I will have to replace it with a pumpkin two.
I added a couple of old funnels and a watering can to my potting bench display too.
I am seeing junk pumpkins everywhere!
Follow ORGANIZED CLUTTER by Email.