I purchased this little picket shelf at a craft sale 15-20 years ago,
And it has been hanging on my outside garage wall under my covered patio all those years.
I updated the decor for each season.
Last summer I decided that I needed a change. I took the shelf down. Recently I decided to paint the little shelf and sell it in my shop.
Here's the shelf Makeover and HOW I DID IT:
1. I painted the shelf with Fusion Mineral Paint in Algonquin (a griege tone).
2. I painted over the base coat with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Duck Egg Blue.
3. I distressed the piece on the edges and some on the interior spaces with 220 grit sand paper.
4. I found this little wooden sign at the thrift shop for 50 cents.
5. I painted it with Decoart Chalky Paint in Lace.
6. I stenciled "Paris" on the sign with my Andy Skinner French stencil, and nailed it on the shelf.
The shelf has a whole new look, and I love the addition of the 50 cent Paris sign! Add a stencil for interest!