I'm sure you have seen repurposed ladle candle holders on Pinterest and in blogland. This is my autumn version of the idea.
First I cut a piece of barn wood siding to fit the ladle. I used a rasp to round the corners and edges to make it resemble a "skinny" pumpkin.
I used this end scrap of wood to fashion a rustic stem.
I watered down some acrylic orange craft paint and brushed on a thin coat.
I sure didn't use any kind of a pattern for the stem. I just cut a hunk off of the splintered end piece and attached it with a mending brace.
I bent the handle on the ladle to make the bottom more flat.
So there IT is, my first fall project of 2014. It was really pretty easy.
Here's the finished project complete with a fall floral pick and flameless candle.