It is a really nice frame. It has a lot of detail, a rich warm wood tone, an inset of fabric, and a stripe of black paint.
It was also lightly distressed already so I didn't distress this one, but I did touch up some scuff marks with Old English polish with scratch cover.
I measured the opening.
Then cut a piece of cardboard to fit the opening snugly.
I then cut a piece of quilted fabric the same size as the cardboard.
I brushed on a coat of Mod Podge and attached the material.
I found these Lartz "Easy-Mounts" Fine Art Photo Mounting Corners in a an old box of family photos I had here. I was looking for a project to use them on.
Then I put the cardboard with photo, fabric and corners into the back opening of the frame. I added a saw tooth picture hanger just in case I want to hang it.
Here's the frame on my mantel. I think I will eventually incorporate it into a vintage family photo gallery wall.
I like the way it turned out. The frame was a great find, and the black photo corners and quilted fabric add a vintage feel to the framing.