I found these two ping pong paddles at the thrift shop. I didn't even know there were long handled paddles.
The makeover and how I did it:
1. I taped off the bottom section with painter's tape and gave the bottom part of the paddle a couple coats of gray craft paint.
2. I stenciled on a vintage looking "15". It reminds me of an old Woolworth's price with a circle around it. The stencil is from Andy Skinner Mixed Media, Industrial Elements.
3. I added a Bulldog 2 1/4" inch clip with a short fat screw.
4. I drilled a hole in the handle and hung my photo holder with jute.
The size of the paddle is perfect for those square 1960's photos, like this one of my little sister!
The second makeover and how I did it:
1. I didn't paint this paddle at all. I just stenciled on "Ticket No. 337" with the same Andy Skinner Mixed Media stencil with black craft paint.
2. I added another bulldog clip.
3. I drilled a hole in the handle for hanging.
A vintage paddle for a vintage little girl's photo!
The stencil and the bulldog clips are available from Amazon.