A 24" x 5 1/2" pine board and a thrift shop tart tin are transformed into a 3D farmhouse sign today on my blog.
How I Did It:
1. First I base coated my board with one coat of black latex paint.
2. Then I painted on two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "Old White".
3. I used the H, M and E from a Decorcal 4" letter stencil packet. I cut the inside part of the stencils out so there were not breaks in the letters. (This worked okay for the H, M and E but other letters would not work out as well.)
4. I taped my letter stencils on to the board vertically equidistant from each other with blue painter's tape. I then stenciled on the letters with red Tomato Spice craft paint.
5. I sanded the edges of my board with 100 grit sandpaper and the stenciling and inside of the board with 220 grit.
6. I then waxed the sign with Decoart Creme Wax. I like this wax even with ASCP, as it is much easier to work with. It's like applying paint more than a wax.
7. I attached the tart pans with screws.
8. I added a sawtooth type hanger to the back for hanging.