This is my 3d HOME sign with thrift shop frame, and here's HOW I DID IT. I started this project with another 9 1/2" x 24" pine board too.
1. First I base coated my board with one coat of black latex paint.
2. Then I painted on two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in "French Linen".
3. I used the H, M and E from a Decorcal 4" letter stencil packet. I cut the inside part of the stencils out so there were not breaks in the letters. (This worked okay for the H, M and E but other letters would not work out as well.)
4. I taped my letter stencils on to the board vertically equidistant from each other with blue painter's tape. I then stenciled on the letters with light ivory craft paint.
5. I sanded the edges of my board with 100 grit sandpaper and the stenciling and inside of the board with 220 grit.
6. I stenciled a flower under my oval frame "O", and painted the frame with Dutch Boy Chalky Finish Paint in Popcorn. The flower stencils were from Walmart. Plaid Floral Icons and the package contained 48 floral themed 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" stencils.
7. I then waxed the sign with Decoart Creme Wax. I like this wax even with ASCP, as it is much easier to work with. It's like applying paint more than a wax.
8. The last steps were to add a sawtooth hanger to the back and screw the frame into the board as the "O".
Here is my original version of the 3d HOME sign with a thrift shop tart tin.